CfP Annual Leibniz ScienceCampus Conference 2023 | Sustainability and firm performance in Europe and the Americas
The ScienceCampus is pleased to welcome applications for our 2023 Annual Conference. This year's conference is organized by Dr. Olga Popova (IOS) and Prof. Dr. Thomas Steger (UR). The theme of the 2023 event is Sustainability and firm performance in Europe and the Americas. The deadline for the submission of the extended abstract is 1 May 2023. The Conference will be taking place from 30 November - 1 December 2023.
Regensburg, 30 November - 1 December 2023
The Call for Papers can be downloaded as a PDF here.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set a global roadmap for reducing inequality, improving institutions, and enhancing economic growth while tackling climate change. This brings both opportunities and challenges for firms worldwide, ranging from technological development and reorganization of value chains in response to the green energy transition to the implementation of environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG). This conference will take a closer look at firm-level sustainable behavior, its drivers, costs, and benefits. Following the SDGs, we focus on different aspects of sustainability, including but not limited to institutional frameworks, inequality, and the environment. Our aim is to generate a better understanding of the role of sustainability in firm behavior and performance. We use a broader definition of "firms" and their performance that includes looking at profits, employment, corporate social responsibility, and ethics issues while focusing on firms of all sizes from individual entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to multinational corporations.
The conference topics include (but are not limited to) the following key questions:
- Firm-level factors shaping the sustainable and energy-efficient behavior
- The effects of sustainability on firm profitability, employment, and overall performance
- Issues of corporate social responsibility
- Governance and management of firms’ sustainable behavior in different industries
- Non-financial reporting of companies and the related national and global standards
- Firm-level perspectives on financing energy transition and green growth
- The role of social, ethical, and institutional factors in firms’ sustainable behavior
We welcome applications, regardless of discipline, that address these or related topics using quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods. Comparative perspectives between Europe and the Americas are particularly welcome.
Applications should be sent to Dr. Olga Popova (email@example.com) and Prof. Dr. Thomas Steger (Thomas.Steger@wiwi.uni-regensburg.de) and should include one .pdf file with
- an extended abstract of max. 2000 words
- contact details and a short biographic note of the presenter(s)
The conference language is English. There is no conference fee. Accommodation in Regensburg for one author of each accepted paper will be provided by the organizers. Early career researchers and presenters with a lack of travel support from their own institution are also welcome to enquire about contributions towards travel costs.
- Extended abstract submission deadline: 1 May 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 1 June 2023
- Deadline for submission of full papers: 1 November 2023